Once you buy a new iPhone, you will definitely want to transfer contacts from the old iPhone to the new iPhone so that you can stay in touch with your family, friends and colleagues. After we explained how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android, we will explain how to transfer contacts from iPhone to another iPhone and guide you step by step. Here are How to transfer contacts from one iPhone to another iPhone easily (7 ways) :
Transfer contacts from iPhone to another iPhone via iCloud
If you are already using a new iPhone and just want to get all the contacts in your old phone, you can do it easily with iCloud:
- Connect both old and new iPhone to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure you’re signed in to the same Apple account on both devices – Settings > [your name].
- On the new and old iPhone, open Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
- Then enable the Contacts option on both devices.
- Wait for a message about merging contacts to appear, then tap Merge.
Now your contacts are synced between your phones. You can open the Contacts app on your new iPhone and swipe up from the top of the screen to update the app. Then all the contacts in your previous phone will appear in the list.
Transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone via iTunes
If you want to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud, you can use iTunes instead. But you will need a computer for this task.
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Open iTunes.
- Connect your old iPhone to your computer.
- Select your iPhone from the top toolbar.
- Click on info on the left sidebar.
- Turn on the “Sync Contacts” option and click “Apply.”
- Click Sync at the bottom and wait for the sync to finish.
- Unplug your old iPhone and connect the new phone to your computer.
- Click on the new iPhone at the top and go to the info section.
- Make sure the Sync Contacts option is selected.
- Scroll down the Advanced section.
- Select Contacts.
- This will replace your existing contacts with the contacts from the old iPhone that you synced before.
- After that, you will find all the names or contacts on the new iPhone.
How to transfer names individually and easily
If you want to transfer only certain contacts, you can use the “Share Contact” option. Open Contacts and choose the contact you want to transfer. Tap on “Share Contacts.” This option allows you to either share them via email, message, or via AirDrop.
If the number of contacts you want to transfer exceeds ten, this is clearly not the appropriate method (follow method 1 above). But if the number is less than 10 then there is no need to use the above methods.
Transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone using the program
iCloud is not the only cloud service capable of transferring contacts. My Contacts Backup is a special contact transfer program that sends contacts to your email as a VCF file.
- Download and install My Contacts Backup from the App Store from here.
- On the iPhone, enter the program and click Backup.
- Click on Email.
- Send a backup of your contact list to yourself or to another email address that you can access on your new phone.
- Now enter the email you sent the names to on your new phone.
- Open the message and tap the download icon for the VCF file.
- In the Open With box, choose Contacts.
- When prompted to confirm importing contacts to your phone, tap agree.
- Now all the contacts will appear on your new phone.
Import contacts from a SIM card
iPhones do not store contacts on SIM cards, but if you already have some phone numbers there you can transfer them to your iPhone easily.
- Make sure that the old SIM card fits the new iPhone.
- Insert the SIM card into your phone.
- Open Settings > Contacts.
- Tap Import SIM contacts.
- Wait for the import process to finish.
- Now all the contacts on the SIM should appear in the Contacts app.
Transfer contacts if your old iPhone is lost or broken
What if you don’t have an old iPhone? It may have been lost, stolen, or no longer works. never give up! If you used iCloud on your old device and iCloud backup is turned on, you can still transfer contacts from your old iPhone to your new iPhone. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to icloud.com and sign in with the Apple account on your old iPhone.
- Here you will see the contacts synced with your iCloud account.
- Then follow the steps mentioned below (Method #7 and start from Step #7) to transfer the contacts to a new iPhone using iCloud backup.
If you don’t have contacts saved in iCloud, you may still have an iTunes backup. If you think there is a copy in iTunes and you want to restore it, follow these steps:
- Turn on your new iPhone and follow the setup steps until you reach the Apps & Data screen.
- Click Restore iTunes Backup.
- Connect your new iPhone to the computer you might have used to back up your previous device.
- Open iTunes and select the new iPhone at the top left of the screen.
- Click Restore Backup.
- Select the latest backup.
- If the backup is encrypted, enter your password.
- Keep your iPhone connected to your computer and Wi-Fi until the transfer is complete.
- Then complete the rest of the steps to set up your new iPhone.
Transfer all your contacts, data, and settings to your new iPhone using an iCloud backup
If you own a new iPhone, you may need to transfer all your contacts and data from your previous device. With iCloud you can transfer all your data, settings, and contacts from your old iPhone to your new iPhone while you set it up for the first time. Here are the steps to do that:
- On your old iPhone, make sure you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Click [your name] > iCloud.
- Make sure the Contacts option is turned on.
- Click on iCloud Backup.
- Then click Backup Now.
- Turn on your new iPhone and follow the setup steps.
- Once you get to the Apps & Data screen tap Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Sign in with the Apple account on the old phone.
- Select the backup you just created on your old iPhone.
- Wait until the process is finished.
- Complete the rest of the setup steps that appear on the screen.
Switching to a new iPhone may seem like a daunting task, but it’s easier than it sounds. In this article, we explained to you How to transfer contacts from one iPhone to another iPhone easily (7 ways) . This is how we have come to the end. If you like the topic, share it with your friends and do not forget to follow us on the social networking sites Facebook, Twitter and our YouTube channel to receive all new and thank you.