How to change your Twitter password from your phone or computer easily
There are several reasons why you might need to change your Twitter password, whether it’s because you forgot your old password, you think someone stole your account, you want to change your Twitter password just for security, etc. Regardless of the reason, we recommend that you always change your passwords, whether for social media accounts, emails or applications, and periodically, you can change your Twitter account password from your account settings easily.
How to change your Twitter password from your phone or computer
How to change the Twitter password via the browser Twitter.com
If you know your password and want to change it, you will need to log into your Twitter account to make the change.
- Log in to your Twitter account using your current password.
- Click on “More” option at the end of the side menu on the right.
- Now click on the “Settings and privacy” option to open your account settings.
Tip: To add an extra layer of security to your Twitter account, set up two-factor authentication. Twitter sends you a login code to your phone number that you must type to complete the login process for your account, and two-factor authentication is very secure.
On the left side of the page, click on the “Password” option.
- Now you will see three empty fields, enter the current password in the first field.
- Enter the new password you want to use in the second field (the new password).
- And enter the new password a second time to confirm it in the third box (Password Verification).
- Then click Save Changes when you’re done at the bottom of the page.
- You may be asked to review the apps you are logged into with your Twitter account. Select Review apps to see which apps require a new login because you changed your Twitter password.
How to change the Twitter password from the phone via the Twitter application
Are you using your Twitter account from your Android or iPhone iOS device? Changing the Twitter password from the phone via the Twitter application is similar to the way to change the password on the Twitter website, which we explained above.
- Open the Twitter app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Click on your profile picture.
- Click on the “Settings and Privacy” option.
- Then click on “Account”.
- Under the Login and Security option, click on the “Password” option.
Now enter the current password in the first field.
- Enter the new password you want to use in the second field.
- Then enter the new password again in the third box to make sure it matches (confirm password).
- Click Update Password.
- The next time you sign in to your Twitter account, use your new password.
Change Twitter password from Twitter Mobile
When you want to change your Twitter password using a web browser on your Android device or iPhone, the steps to change your Twitter password using the mobile site Twitter on the browser are different.
- Open your favorite internet browser on your smartphone, any browser, no problem.
- Go to the Twitter mobile site.
- Log in to your account using your current password.
- Click the down arrow near your profile picture to open a drop-down menu.
- Click on Settings and Privacy.
- Click on “Account”, then click on the “Password” option.
- Enter the current password in the first box.
- Then enter the new password you want to use in the second box.
- Then enter the new password again in the third box (Confirm Password).
- Click Save when done.
- Use your new password the next time you sign in to your Twitter account.
How to reset your lost or forgotten Twitter password
When you can’t remember your Twitter password, reset it. Twitter requires an email address or phone number to reset a lost or forgotten password. Make sure you have added one or both to your account.
- Go to the Twitter login page.
- Choose Forgot your password.
- Enter your email address, phone number, or Twitter username into the search box.
- Select Search. You will be asked to choose how to reset your password.
- Choose the method you want to use to reset the password. Your email or phone number, and a reset code will be sent to your phone number or email address.
- Select Continue. You will see a message telling you to open your email or check your text messages.
- Open the email or text message, then select Reset Password.
- Enter the new password in the first box (type the new password).
- Then enter the new password again in the second box (type the new password again).
- Choose submit.
- Now log into Twitter with your new username and password.
Benefits of changing your password regularly
Limit hacking of accounts
The use of one password or password in more than one account, increases the risk of accessing many accounts if one account is hacked. Change your password regularly and differently for each of your accounts. For example, do not use the Facebook password for your Twitter account etc…
It prevents continuous access
A hacker may try to access your account more than once during a period of time. Changing your password reduces the risk of them getting frequent access.
It is forbidden to use saved passwords
If you lose or change your computers or phone, it is possible that someone can access your saved passwords. Changing the password frequently means that even if someone finds an old saved password, it won’t be useful.
If you liked the topic, share it with your friends and do not forget to follow us on social media sites Facebook and Twitter or our channel on Telegram to receive all new and thank you.