Do you want to know how to see WhatsApp status without the owner know? You are in the right place, when you see a status or story of your friend on WhatsApp, the owner will see that. Sometimes you may like to see the status without the owner knows. We will explain to you several ways to do this on Android and iPhone devices.
1. Official Method: Turn Off Messages Read Indicators (for Android and iPhone)
2. Second method: View WhatsApp statuses opening them from the Statuses file
3. How to view WhatsApp statuses by viewing them in offline mode.
4. View WhatsApp status using GBWhatsApp.
Official Method: Turn Off Messages Read Indicators (for Android and iPhone)
This is the only official way that can help you hide yourself to see the status. But note that by using this method you will also lose the ability to see message read indicators (blue ticks) in WhatsApp chats.
If you don’t mind, this might be the perfect method for you. Note: Contacts also cannot see that you have read the messages or not, which is fair to both parties.
Remember if you turn off Messages Read Indicators to see the status and then turn on it again. you will appear to the owner of the sttus that you saw it. So keep it until the status expires.
steps to view WhatsApp statuses without the owner knows:
1.Open the WhatsApp application on your Android or iPhone smartphone.
2.Go to Settings >> Account >> Privacy, and turn off the “Message Read Receitts” option.
3.Now, go to any status you want to watch. it will not appear that you have seen the status.
4.Again, do not restart the option until the status has expired.
2. Second method: View WhatsApp statuses opening them from the Statuses file:
WhatsApp sometimes downloads the photos and videos posted in the statuses previously, and on Android you can view these statuses in the Statuses file using the file manager.
- Open Whatsapp and visit the status section. Don’t enter the wanted status but open any other one. Whatsapp will save all the status on your device.
- Now if you do not have a file manager, install ES File Explorer on your Android smartphone.
- Turn on the Show hidden files option. In the ES File Explorer app, this can be done by tapping on the menu from the top right corner, and enabling the “Show hidden files” option.
- Go to Internal Storage >> WhatsApp >> Media >> .Satuses and see all the statuses without their owners knowing.
Now you can open and view any status using file manager app. And since they are not seen from within the WhatsApp application, it will appear to your friend that you have not seen the status at all.
However, this method does not support displaying text states for which you may want to try the previous or next solution.
How to view WhatsApp statuses in offline mode
This is another way to view WhatsApp statuses without your contacts knows. This way depends on the offline mode of the computer because if you open the status in online mode it will appear to its owner that you have seen it. But it’s possible that when reconnecting your computer it appears to the owner that you have seen the status.
So even if you are offline while viewing the status, your contact will be notified of this as soon as you go online again BUT!
Alternatively, you can use WhatsApp Web in incognito mode to view a specific offline status, and then close the browser window before going online. This way any activity you have done on your computer will be automatically deleted and the activity will not be synced to the WhatsApp servers.
- Open the WhatsApp Web on a web browser, preferably in incognito mode.
- Go to the Status option to view the list of contacts who have shared the status with you.
- Disconnect the Internet connection from your computer.
- After disconnecting from the Internet, open the status of the particular contact you want to see.
- After viewing the status, close the browser window if you are in incognito mode so the data will be automatically deleted when the window is closed, or clear your browser data if you are in a normal mode.
- Now reconnect the internet again on your computer.
This workaround only works for displaying images and text, since you are offline WhatsApp will not be able to download videos from the status.
But sometimes WhatsApp pre-downloads media from cases even if you haven’t opened it. And if you’re lucky enough, you may be able to watch a fully downloaded version of a video in some cases even if you’re offline.
See WhatsApp Status without the owner know Using GBWhatsApp:
The modified version of any application allows you to get many additional features that are not available in the original application. Like GBWhatsApp, which is one of these modded apps for WhatsApp that allows you to view statuses without their owners knowing, and there are many other features that this mod provides you with.
- Download GBWhatsApp APK from a trusted site on your Android device.
- Install GBWhatsApp on your Android device by clicking on the APK file and following the steps. After installation, you should find two different versions of WhatsApp on your device.
- Launch GBWhatsApp and follow the usual setup steps. The app should automatically detect a backup on your device, and allow you to restore data from it.
- Once you are done setting up and you are in the Chats screen, click on the menu button in the top left corner and select Privacy >> Hide View Status.
- You should now be able to view any status of your friends or contacts without them knowing about it.
These were four different ways that allow you to see WhatsApp status without the owner know on Android and iPhone devices. If you have any other solutions let us know in the comments below. And do not skimp on us by sharing the article in your case on WhatsApp or with your friends, thank you ?