Many people are looking for a way to backup WhatsApp. This is because of their desire to keep chat texts and accompaniments for fear of losing them during the app update or for other reasons.
It is known that the mechanism of work on iPhone phones is different from other Android phones. So, today we will tell you in detail how to backup WhatsApp for iPhone, so follow us.
How to backup WhatsApp on iPhone:
We find that it is an easy way that you can do by following the steps below:
- First, you open the WhatsApp application that is on your device and you must activate the sync to make a backup.
- Then you press the menu button and then click on the settings options.
- Next, you go to the chat option until you go to the chat preferences.
- After that, you choose to backup chats and choose one of the following options: Backup to Google Drive, and it transfers the copies to Google Drive.
- Click on the backup option until you choose the backup frequency. You can also choose auto backup which copies daily, weekly, monthly, or off, which can include videos.
- again click on Backup to get an instant chat backup.
- You must choose an account in order to save your copies. If you do not have an account, create an account on Google and enter your email and password.
- Click on Backup, then click on Network and choose the network you want to use for the backup.
- Wait for the backup to be completed, which takes several minutes in case this is your first backup.
Method (2) Make a backup copy of WhatsApp for iPhone:
You can learn how to backup WhatsApp for iPhone, through the following:
- First launch the WhatsApp application and click on the Settings option.
- After that, click on the Chats button, then click on the Backup Chats button.
- And, click on Backup Now to get a backup of your chats on your iCloud storage.
- Then click on Auto Backup.
- Next, you choose from the available options, which are daily, weekly or monthly copies, the preferred backup frequency option.
- tap Backup Chats to go back to the previous settings menu.
- If you want to copy videos, you must turn on the switch next to the videos
How to delete a backup file from a Google account:
After we learned how to make a backup copy of WhatsApp, we must know how to delete the backup. This can be done by following:
- You must open Google Drive through a web browser on your computer, and log into your Google account.
- In the case of entering from the phone, click on the menu icon from the upper left corner, then on the version of the desktop.
- Next, click on Settings, then Manage Applications.
- Scroll down to WhatsApp
- Then wait several minutes for the hidden apps data volume to appear.
- After that, click on the Options button, then delete the data of hidden applications, then click on the Delete button.
Transfer chat logs:
After we learned how to backup WhatsApp for iPhone, you must know that you can save any chat, through the following steps:
- You must first open the individual or group chat that you want to save.
- After that tap on the name of the contact or the name of the group.
- Then click on Transfer Chat.
- You can decide if you want to send the chat via email with media or without media.
- Next, tap on the Mail app and you can tap on More to access additional options.
- Finally, type your email and press send.
Restore from a previously saved backup:
If you have previously backed up your iPhone, you may be able to restore your chat history. You can restore your WhatsApp chat history by restoring the previous version on your device.
You can also visit Apple’s website for more information on how to backup your iPhone and how to restore the previous version.
After listing how to backup WhatsApp for iPhone, you can back up photos as well.
Through the following steps:
- You must first download and activate the Google Photos app.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Click on the menu button at the top.
- Go to Settings and then choose Backup and sync and turn it on.
- You should make sure to allow the app to access the photos when needed, as all the photos you take are automatically synced with Google Photos so they can be viewed and deleted.
We have presented all the information related to how to backup WhatsApp for iPhone. We also learned how to delete a backup file from a Google account.
We also presented all the information so that you can make a backup copy of WhatsApp. Also on how to transfer chat records, and you can save the chat, whether it is individual or group, by following a set of previous steps.